The Mayr method diet plan is also known under the name VivaMayr diet. This method is based on the “Mayr Cure” made by Franz Xaver Mayr, also known as F.X. Mayr hundred years ago. The program is focusing mostly on the digestive system and consuming food beneficial for this system. Introduction to diet is usually made in one of the VivaMayr wellness retreats.
The first step contains consultations with medical professionals during which you will be discussing your food habits and health in general. VivaMayr experts will recommend proper nutrition and help you to develop a healthy relationship with the food. Medical professionals are also suggesting you should combine your diet with regular weekly workouts for achieving the best results.
In this article, we have gathered information around the Mayr method diet, its mechanisms, food products you can use during meal preparation and a beneficial role in human health.
WHAT IS VIVAMAYR DIET?
The central principles considering the VivaMayr program circle mainly around getting the right acid/alkaline balance in the body and not stressing the gut with challenging food and food combinations. At a Mayr clinic, you will be tested for food intolerances via standard lab tests, and the result will help medical professionals to compose a meal plan that will meet your needs.
There are eight steps regarding the VivaMayer method:
- It is suggested to eat your food slowly and enjoy it. Feel the different texture, taste, and flavor of each product.
- When you recognize the moment your stomach feels full, stop eating. Finishing the portion of prepared food is not essential during the implementation of the VivaMayr method.
- Hydration is vital, but you should consider avoiding water during your meals.
- Consider breakfast being the richest meal during the day. Lunch should be moderate, and you can skip diner or keep it light.
- Diner should be your last meal, and you should eat it at 7 pm.
- Raw food should be consumed by 3 pm. Food you are planning to eat after 3 pm should be cooked or boiled.
- In case you do not have an appetite for a certain food it is suggested to avoid it completely.
- The two weeks diet arrives with a defined meal plan and recipes to help you begin your weight loss journey. The diet is based on various food products such as proteins, vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, seeds, dairy products, condiments, seasoning, and beverages.
VIVAMAYR DIET FOOD LIST
The VivaMayr method allows a variety of products in your diet, and it is very opened to diverse food combinations.
Food rich in proteins is welcomed, and you can choose between trout fillet, smoked trout, skinless turkey breast, lamb loin, salmon fillets, smoked salmon, beef fillets, organic and char caviar.
Fruits and vegetables such as raisins, olives, apricots, prunes, apples, berries, pomegranates, oranges, citrus fruit, bananas, papaya, mangoes, avocados, spinach, onions, radishes, celery, carrots, fennel, potatoes, kohlrabi, vine tomatoes, lettuce, sprouts, broccoli, turnips, and chickpeas are the core of the diet.
Dairy products like organic eggs, butter, goat cheese, sour cream, parmesan/cottage cheese, and rice/oat milk represent a powerful addition to a meal plan.
VivaMayr diet plan encourages the use of condiments and seasonings such as stevia, vegetable stock, rock salt, extra-virgin olive/cold-pressed/coconut oil, balsamic/cider vinegar, honey, maple syrup, cream of tartar, and soya sauce.
Grains are essential sources of many nutrients, including fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and VivaMayr experts are recommending ground oats, buckwheat flour corn flakes, millet, polenta, and risotto rice. A variety of nuts and seeds can be included in a healthy diet. As different types of nuts have differences in their vitamin and mineral content. Eating a mixture of nuts and seeds such as walnuts, almonds, and sesame/amaranth seeds will increase your levels of various nutrients.
Beverages you may include in your diet plan are water, green tea, pomegranate juice, and lemon water.
The VivaMayr diet recipes rely on various combinations of listed food products. Meals are rich in vitamins and minerals, extremely nutrient and diverse due to used ingredients. The VivaMayr diet is widely adopted by vegetarians due to its richness in fruit and vegetable foods.
VIVAMAYR DIET BENEFITS
The central premise of the VivaMayr method is that good health begins with a healthy gut, so the diet aims to improve digestion through alkaline foods, conscious eating, and other behavior modifications.
These behavior modifications refer to changes in lifestyle, such as including regular exercise into your daily routine. Experts are suggesting fifteen minutes workout per day, or thirty to forty minutes three times a week.
Regular physical activity is beneficial for the human body, especially bones and muscles. Working out has a positive effect on pain reduction, sleep quality, and reduction of risk of chronic disease. Knowing the VivaMayr diet is promoting a healthy lifestyle, it is legitimate to conclude that weight loss is not the only benefit this method has on health.